PARES RETIRO: The original pares in town

By Jamie - October 22, 2015

11 July 2015

Who would miss seeing this big signage of Pares Retiro at night at the slightly lit street of P. Tuazon near Cubao? I wouldn't miss this. Every time we would pass P. Tuazon, I would always see this Pares Retiro jam-packed with people and crave for pares every time but never got the chance until I suggested that we MUST eat our dinner here after work.

 
This pares place is located in P. Tuazon corner 17th ave which is near the Ali Mall (Cubao). When you're in Araneta Center Cubao, from Ali Mall, this is a 5 minute jeepney ride or a 5-10 minute walk. It's better to walk in daytime.

Long counter where you can eat but they also have separate tables
When we arrived at past 8 pm, the place had a lot of customers and more customers came in as we finished our meals. I thought to myself that this place is really a best seller even in the wee hours of the day. 


They have all the food choices in their menu you can find in a Pares eatery maybe because this Pares is one of the original pares places I think. And they gave us free hot soups after we ordered.
FREE Sinigang soup (during our waiting time)
Condiments (Soy sauce, Fish sauce, Vinegar)
Most Filipinos like to put a lot of condiments in their food as seen in these containers. Just a reminder that moderation in adding condiments to your meals would lessen the risk of diseases in the future.



I was kinda tempted to try this Baby8 meal since the ad was nicely placed in our table and I like liempo but I stopped myself. I know I can eat this at an earlier time sometime. I must wait for the right time to eat Liempo and Liempo at night may not be a good choice. So we just ordered their best selling Pares.

The lighting in the place was dim and I didn't really want to use flash thus the not so good pictures but they're visible :)
1 bowl of Beef Pares with 1 Rice topped with fried garlic 80.00 pesos only

My mom wanted some soup so she tried their Beef Pares Mami which is the noodles version of our meals. I tried some of this mami, it was good but nothing that of spectacular. This hot soup was perfect for the cold windy night that time we ate here. The serving size was a lot but my mom forced herself to finish it all since it was a nice meal.
Beef Pares Mami 80.00  pesos
Well, I like drinks so I tried their sago which was way to sweet for me so I added lots of water to make my perfect sago drink. But this drink was refreshing after eating something fatty in the night so I think it's a good pair with pares.
Sago 20.00 pesos

We didn't stay that long for it was getting late but I think the place serves one of the best pares in Metro Manila plus the ambiance which was comfy so you should give this a try. I recommend this pares place as a must go to paces if you crave for pares; great place for dining of group of friends where you can chat happily because it's that relaxing here. (They have several branches already.)  It was a great pares dining experience.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments