Ga Mi Jung: Authentic Korean Restaurant in Antipolo

By Jamie - December 12, 2014

10 Dec 2014

Way ahead, we planned to have my birthday where we would cook Korean dishes and set that date. When that day finally came, circumstances made it difficult for us to cook our dinner (we cooked a Korean dish for brunch instead on the following day) that we just decided to eat a Korean restaurant which was Ga Mi Jung.  My two foodie buddies have eaten here before and they were happy with the food so it was nice that I got to eat the food they were raving before.
 

This is what the entrance looks like. They have a space for parking in the front but I wasn't able to take a picture of that.


Where is Ga Mi Jung?
It is located in Sumulong Highway in Antipolo. You can commute to Ga Mi Jung by riding the LRT/jeep/UV express to Santolan station. From Santolan station, you must ride the Antipolo/Cogeo jeep and tell the driver to drop you off at Masinag Junction (click the link for the image of the place)

From there, you have to ride a tricycle (5 minute ride) going to the said Korean restaurant. The place is not easy to go to when commuting but it is worth the effort.

Ga Mi Jung offers a wide selections of authentic Korean dishes as seen in the menu pages below. The menu was so detailed as every dish had a clear colored picture which helped us decide better even if we were not knowledgeable about a dish.








Free side dishes were served in small bowls

Top left -clockwise: Korean fish cakes, dried anchovies, Kimchi, Gamjajeon, Spicy pickled radish, Namul
Kimchi is always part of every korean meal. The kimchi tastes spicy enough to make me eat it only sparingly. They also sell kimchi at this restaurant which I bought for like 170.00 pesos for 1 kilo if I remember it correctly.
Gamjajeon is korean-style potato pancakes (jeon)
Namul is steamed, marinated, or stir-fried vegetables usually seasoned with sesame oil, salt, vinegar, minced garlic, chopped green onions, dried chili peppers, and soy sauce. In our case we have cucumbers.

I felt like we were really eating in Korea because we had many (free) side dishes (banchan).



Even the utensils were like the ones you use in Korea- metal chopsticks and long-handle spoons.


The furniture were also very Korean. I was anticipating that the food will be authentic Korean which made me excited to eat.


This is what we ordered. This is way too much for 3 persons so I suggest you order just enough.
Our food
I have taken individual pictures of the dishes as seen below.

Upclose shots of the Banchan

Dried anchovies
I like dried anchovies or 'dilis' in Filipino because of its saltiness and crispy texture. It tastes the same as the dilis because I think probably its just the same kind.

Gamgajeon
 I absolutely enjoyed Gamgajeon because I love eating potatoes -from chips to french fries. My friends liked this banchan too so this was refilled a few times.

Namul
I don't like this particular namul side dish because it was slimy and a bit bitter but I think those who like ampalaya would like this.

Pickled radish
This pickled radish was quite good because it suited the meat dishes we ate.
Our dinner was more than we could handle but surprisingly we finished all of these :)

We ate the ff. Korean Dishes
Samgyupsal (Grilled Pork Ribs) 250.00
Samgyupsal in the few Korean restaurants I've tried were so delicious just like this one. I absolutely love the taste of pork (chicharon, liempo, sisig and the like) although I'm trying to eat as moderately as possible. You must order samgyupsal if you are eating in a korean restaurant with a group of friends because it is a good to addition to what you will order.
Denjang Jjigae (Soybean Stew) 250.00 pesos
For our soup we wanted tofu thus Denjang Jjigae was our choice. It was a very flavorful soup which I really want to cook someday for myself. The flavor may not be familiar to many but this soup is a household favorite in Korean meals. This dish comes with 1 bowl of rice.
Dweji Galbi (Marinated Pork ribs) 250.00 pesos

This dish is flavorful that you can eat a lot of rice with this which we didn't attempt to do. We just shared that 1 bowl of rice since we had a lot on our table.

Lettuce that comes with the Samgyupsal

Left to right: Gochujang (chili tomato sauce) and Oil with crushed black pepper & sesame seeds
The sauces tastes good with the meat as always. Again, I tend to order more than enough so mandus in addition to everything we ordered and they were really good!
Steamed Mandus 8 pcs 200.00 pesos
A picture before we finished all the dishes in one go.


I definitely recommend this restaurant because they offer a wide variety of authentic Korean dishes that will make you like the Korean cuisine. I really would like to try the other dishes since I'm intrigued about what it tastes. I strongly suggest that you come here with friends so that you can split the bill and really food is enjoyed more with good company.

If you are craving for authentic Korean food, then go to Ga Mi Jung to have an enjoyable meal.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great post on "Ga Mi Jung: Authentic Korean Restaurant in Antipolo". As a professional chef i have to appreciate your work. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Keep in touch with my websites- bread making schools | piping courses dubai

    ReplyDelete