Bibap: Must-try Korean Restaurant in Los Baños, Laguna

By Jamie - May 02, 2017


27 April 2017
I had something work-related stuff to accomplish in UP Los Baños.  When I finished the work stuff, we had to eat lunch so we decided to eat in Bibap, a Korean restaurant located just outside the campus. Actually I had no expectations for this restaurant at all, but I was pleasantly surprised.
The restaurant, even from the outside, looks authentically Korean.  The restaurant's dining area is located in the second floor where you would climb a few stairs and have to leave your shoes on the rack (just like what they do in Korea).
It was my first time to sit on the floor in a Korean restaurant. It actually feels more like an authentic Korean place when you sit on the floor.  I don't know if this is owned by a Korean but for me the feel of this place is similar to the restaurants in Korea that I have been to.

I can gladly say that the food here tasted delicious in a Korean way.

Clean grill plate

I loved how clean the restaurant was.  Everything was clean; the table, grill plate, plates, utensils, and most especially the floor where we sat.

WHAT WE ORDERED

SAMGYUPSAL (PORK BELLY) - This came with complimentary romaine lettuce and other veggies
209.00 pesos (if I'm not mistaken)
The samgyupsal was REALLY good. It tasted fresh, served with a big portion, and was priced very affordable. BTW, this is the cheapest price I had to pay for a samgyupsal with this good quality.
Uncooked pork belly with sausages, carrots, and white onions
From left to right: Butter, Sauces (Oil with pepper and sweet sauce), lettuce
BIBIMBAP (MIXED RICE WITH VEGETABLES)
Around 200.00 pesos (I really forgot to take a pic of the receipt)
I usually eat rice during lunch so I had to order bibimbap. Their version of Bibimbap is one of the best I've had. It had a lot of fresh tasting (blanched) vegetables and some meat. The portion is good for 2-3 (hungry) persons. Their bibimbap is a must try!

KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN WINGS (SPICY FLAVOR)
4 pieces of chicken wings
The chicken did not just look tasty but is also really tasty/delicious. It has a real spicy kick to it but it was bearable since my sister who isn't into spicy food ate 2 chicken wings.  The chicken wing was bigger than the usual chicken wings.

RAMEN NOODLES (RAMYUN)
Bowl of ramyun noodles (cheese) - 95.00 pesos
I usually almost always order spicy ramen because I like eating it with Korean food. Korean Ramen pairs nicely with other Korean dishes.

We really enjoyed the food in Bibap.  If you ever get to be around Los Baños, Laguna area and want to try some Korean food, I recommend Bibap.  I guarantee that you will get to enjoy good Korean food which is also affordable.

If you are interested to go to Bibap when you are coming from Metro Manila (EDSA area), below are the simple directions.

HOW TO GO TO BIBAP
  • You ride a bus (HM Transport) to Sta. Cruz, Laguna, and ask the conductor to drop you off at College, near the Caltex gas station. The bus leaves every 15 minutes from 3:30 AM to 10:00 PM.
  • Ride a jeep to UP College, and ask the driver to drop you off before the UPLB campus. The restaurant is on your left so you just cross the street.

Do you have any recommendations of other places to eat in Los Baños, Laguna? Please feel free to share your comments.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Another must-try restaurant in Laguna, you can also check these Nuvali Restaurants :)

    ReplyDelete