Yutaka Izakaya: Affordable Japanese food

By Jamie - March 18, 2015

This restaurant has been operating since I was in college but I did get to try the food here only after graduating college. Eating Japanese food here was the first time I've ever eaten Japanese food and I tried the California Maki Rolls. I am thankful that first time introduction to Japanese food gave me a positive view on Japanese cuisine from what I was always used to.


Ever since I tasted Yutaka's version of California Maki, this has been the standard for all other California Maki I will eat because this is my first maki. The taste of freshness of the ingredients and right saltiness level are two things in Yutaka's maki that I really like.  


They have a good menu if you are interested to try Japanese food.

Here the menu for you to browse through:

New Menu
Makimono
Sashimi, Sushi & Gunkan

Bento box & Teishoku Sets (Meals with rice
and miso soup)

Donburi (meat, seafood or vegatable dishes
served over a bowl of rice)

Noodles with or without soup


Short orders
Or you can order SETS



Finally, when you get to choose what dish you would like to try at Yutaka, don't forget to ask for their free unlimited house tea as long as you're dining in.

Brown rice tea


I think this is one of the few Japanese restaurants in Quezon city. I remember a former schoolmate who lived in Japan for a month or two once told me that Yutaka tastes like authentic Japanese food so I remembered that when I finally ate there.

My favorite roll has been their Kani Maki because I like seaweed as the balancing flavor for the mayonnaise and crab.
Kani Maki (12 pcs) 130.00

After eating that rolls, these Japanese dishes have become my favorites such as


Tonkotsu Ramen 182.00

I like this Ramen because it has a flavorful broth and soft noodles. I can say that the broth was made for more than an hour because of the rich flavor. This is less than 200 pesos so it is much cheaper than other ones in the market.
Chirashi Set (539.00 pesos)

Kani Salad (90.00 pesos)
This salad is a good pair with any dish. It is really tasty since the ingredients are really fresh. You can actually see the one making the salad make it in person.


They do free deliveries around the vicinity especially in UERM where a lot of their customers come from.

I can't find the pictures of the establishment which I took before. All I can say about it is that it really looks like a traditional Japanese restaurant from the layout to the furniture to the personnel.

If you want to eat in Yutaka, the two branches are located in G/F 41D Unit-X Aurora Arcade, Aurora Blvd (02) 713-6558 and another branch in Madison Bldg.,Taft Ave in Malate, Manila. (Near La Salle University)


Have a happy Japanese meal!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments