RAMEN NAGI in Manila: Best ramen in town

By Jamie - October 31, 2015


Months ago, I tried the famous Ramen of Ramen Nagi and I've had quite a great experience.

27 June 2015

News about Ramen Nagi have been over food blogs ever since it opened its branches in the Philippines. I have these great expectations about Ramen Nagi and I was not a bit disappointed. We ate at their branch in The Podium mall but they have a few branches spread out in Metro Manila.


A friendly waiter will assist you in ordering your Ramen. You have the option to personalize your bowl of Ramen. You can pick your soup base (richness of taste, special sauce, garlic), which I chose normal. You can add several toppings that you prefer but I choose Tamago (50 pesos). As for the spiciness, I chose to eat a non-spicy one for a change although I'm a fan of spicy foods. The firmness of the noodles I picked was hard because according to my brother as explained to him before, normal-extra soft may be better for kids and elderly. I like to chew and bite my noodles thus hard for me.
Menu

I was really excited to try Ramen Nagi's version of Ramen and find out why this is the number Ramen house in Japan for consecutive years. I even wore their paper version of a bib to prevent spills in my clothes if I got to excited to eat and neglect my physical appearance.

Condiments
I didn't even get to use these condiments. The ramen was flavored perfectly, in my opinion. We waited a bit for our ramen to be served so I couldn't help but notice the cute design of the place mats.
Ramen Nagi Branches

They already have 7 branches in the Philippines and a lot more in Japan where they dominated the Ramen industry.







We looked happy even when we were waiting for our Ramen. My anticipation for my Ramen was increasing a lot during the few minutes we waited.


And here's our beautifully presented Ramen noodles

I tasted a bit of Green King and I must say it's like a bowl of pesto in a Ramen literally. I couldn't quite understand how this flavor was perfect to be infused in the Ramen. I like to eat a bowl of this Green King ramen soon.
Green King (Midorio) 410.00 pesos

Limited King - Niboshi King 410.00 pesos
I liked the flavor of this Niboshi King because I like fish that's prepared carefully so that it is really delicious, in this case it was very good. But this is not mine though I would also like to try this if it's available again.

Although I wanted some side dishes as seen in the menu, one bowl was enough to make me full and very satisfied.
I was this pleased when my Black King was placed in my table.
Black King (Kuroo) 410.00 pesos
It's all black because of the squid ink but it tastes better than it looks. It was really flavorful and delicious. Even though it was my first time to eat something like this taste, I liked it a lot instantly.
I recommend you to try Black King for your first time here so you will be hooked to Ramen Nagi.
 
The noodles had a good portion, I just couldn't finish it after chewing and swallowing a mouthful. A great way to enjoy Ramen the Japanese way is to eat a mouthful of noodles and sip a spoonful of soup.
 
It would be great if you can learn to use the chopsticks prior to eating here or practice using chopsticks since it is not that hard.
In Japan, it is customary and a sign of respect to finish everything on your bowl or plate.

When we headed out, there were still many people eating. Now I know why there are a number of people who frequent Ramen Nagi and its because the Ramen experience here is worth every penny.
Eating Japanese Ramen this delicious made me really happy just eating; now I can relate to eating will make you happy. I'm not Japanese but Ramen is really one of the most delicious food I've ever eaten. I'm wondering now how Ramen Nagi tastes in Japan, if it tastes better, I cannot imagine that.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments