Kyochon - A must-try Korean fried chicken place

By Jamie - August 19, 2014

17 August 2014

Kyochon from the outside

I could say I am one of those that were waiting for Kyochon to open in the Philippines since last year when news that it will open on December 2013 and will be endorsed by my favorite Kpop group Super Junior. However, it opened in May this year (2014) and korean top star Lee Min Ho was the new endorser (I am still happy).

Finally, I got to dine-in at Kyochon because I happened to be at SM Megamall and (fortunately) not a lot people are queued for dining-in (I think because it was past 8 pm).

Menu




The menu looks elegant. So far, they only have chicken, some appetizers and drinks in their menu. I forgot to take pictures of their menu. :|



(Above pic) This is my favorite part of the menu because of Lee Min Ho oppa's smile :))


Here is a poster of Kyochon's achievements placed outside the establishment for passers-by to gain interest to try Kyochon.


Some pictures while waiting for our orders to be served....

My sis and cousin



This huge picture which I find classy as part of the interior design



Here's what we ordered:


Original Series (PHP 149.00) 

I've tried this before but I ordered this for take-out since there were many people waiting to dine-in at that time. I liked this flavor; the meat tastes good (not bland) and the skin is crispy and flavorful. Ever since I tried this chicken, I wanted to eat again at Kyochon.

Happy me standing next to Oppa's real life poster

We ordered the 3 different flavors: Original, Honey and Red because we wanted to try all the flavors.
Honey Series (PHP 149.00) 

I really liked the Honey Series because it has a balance of sweetness and saltiness plus the fact that it is Lee Min Ho's favorite flavor too.


Red Series (PHP 149.00)
Just a tip, if you really like spicy food and can endure finishing a 'very' spicy food, then order the red series. The red series was way too hot for me and for my cousin (both of us like spicy food though) because we drank a lot of water while eating this. My cousin had to finish my red chicken because I can't take the spiciness.


I had to drink this cold water during eating the spicy chicken which I normally don't do.


(Haha) The pic above was just to show that we enjoyed eating the chicken, some leftovers are the spicy skin of the Red series chicken. I must say that the chicken were small so that's why 2 pieces are in the meal.


I ordered the Soonsal Salad with Blueberry Sauce (2 choices of sauce: Mandarin or Blueberry) just to try something else.
Soonsal Salad

Blueberry sauce
Lastly, while resting a bit after eating a lot (at night), I got to take a picture of the interior without the people. The simple and modern style of the place gave me a relaxing feeling.

Kpop or Korean music is being played and displayed through a projector screen seen in the picture below. As a Kpop fan myself, I really enjoyed the music and for nonKpop persons, you'll be hearing music you can't understand :)



I will certainly eat at Kyochon to try their other meals. Honey Series is my favorite flavor. I hope you get to try this new restaurant too.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments