YABU: Delicious Tonkatsu

By Jamie - January 07, 2015


05 January 2015

I haven't bond with the two of my closest friends in college so we had our bonding/eating session at Yabu (Robinson's Magnolia branch).
 

We had happy chitchats before our orders were served. We enjoyed our long talks since we saw each other a very long time ago.


Page of the menu
I was really impressed at Yabu when I got to sit and observe the whole place. I liked that the furniture, lighting, and even the menu (that looks elegant) all fit perfectly to give a great ambiance even before eating.
Condiments
You must crush the sesame seeds on your own as this will be part of your sauce. This kind of experience was very nice because it made waiting for the food pass by quickly (also because we had a lot to talk about). I liked the smell of the sesame seeds being crushed.
Sesame seeds to be crushed
A quick picture of my friends before we ate. Both of them ate here before and I was the first-timer yet they wanted to eat here again so I thought it was that good in Yabu.

I ordered the Rosu Pork Loin set (120 g)- the medium size in terms of grams because I thought the smaller size would not be enough.

Servings of the said set can be 180g (430.00 php), 120g (375.00 php) or 90g (340.00 php). I strongly suggest you to order the 90g if you're not that hungry as I myself didn't take my friend's advice to order that so I was so full.

Rosu - Pork Loin Sets 3/4 inch thick, juicy premium pork cutlet with trimming of fat 
Menchi Katsu Curry Set

Authentic Japanese minced meat, made with superior ground beef and pork, mixed together with special spices, and stuffed with a rich combination of creamy cheese and curry sauce (395.00 php)
 



Chicken Katsu - 3/4 inch thick chicken breast fillet and also in servings of 180g 
 (385.00 php), 120g (350.00 php) or 90g (330.00 php).
Yabu's katsu is the real deal when it comes to delicious and fresh tasting katsu. I don't know how to describe fresh but in my definition, it tastes pork that is just pork without the taste of grease or anything else. I'm no expert in katsu but I can say it tastes superior to the ones I've tried (in foodcourt).



Another good thing is that the rice, coleslaw and fruits are refillable but I don't think you can eat that many refills. Your money spent here in Yabu is really worth it since I don't usually eat at places like this but I really recommend everyone to eat in Yabu!!!!

Well, you must try the Katsu in Yabu for you to judge it and I promise you that you will want to come back again just like me. I think I might be emphasizing this a lot but it's really worth to try!
We had a great time at Yabu!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments