Ippudo in SM Megamall

By Jamie - November 16, 2014

12 November 2014

For the longest time, my friends/former classmates wanted to meet up and eat out and it finally took place in Ippudo Ramen in 3F Mega Fashion Hall, SM Megamall.


In Ippudo, you have to wait in line for your turn to eat same for other establishments like Tim Ho Wan, and every newly opened restaurant.
Some picture-taking for profile pictures :) The place has a nice Japanese feel to it, the lighting and the furniture is designed really well.




Actually, the nice lighting and the noodle bowls as background makes our group pictures look nice.

The details...
Plastic chopsticks

Condiments

Bowls as display
Free Hot Barley Tea
I always ask for free hot tea in Asian restaurants if it is available. I like drinking hot tea before and after eating (not while eating).

 
We ordered 2 ramen noodles. One bowl was shared by two persons because we were full because we ate before we met and it was actually late at that time but I think in Japan, Ramen is never shared so anyway.

Our food
Karasu Chamen (460.00 pesos)
We ate dinner before eating our Ramen so I think we were not able to appreciate our food more but nevertheless I liked the Ramen because the broth was tasty and not that thick. It has well cooked pork, vegetables and thin noodles which I prefer. I like the broth since it was the right thickness for me.
Shiromaru Tamago 405.00 php


Ippudo Chicken Bun 100.00 php
The Chicken bun was really tasty and is a good pair with the Ramen. We all liked the buns because it is similar to siopao, its just that it is opened like a sandwich.
Group picture after eating

Beautiful entrance of the restaurant
I've finally taken a photo of the establishment after eating. I really liked the design of the entrance because it looks so Japanese-ish.
 
There are still people lining up after we left

Ippudo was first started in Fukuoka, Fukuoka by Shigemi Kawahara, the CEO of Chikaranomoto Company. "Ippudo" in direct translation means "one wind hall", and this is named 
because at the time, there were dark clouds over the Kyushu ramen industry, and the founder CEO Kawahara intended to "blow wind and revolutionise the era". The first restaurant opened in 1985, in the Daimyo District of Chuo Ward, in Fukuoka City. Gradually the number of restaurants expanded from regional areas to the whole of Japan, mainly in the Kanto and Kansai regions.

After writing this post, I just found out that Ippudo just opened last September here and is a very famous ramen house. No wonder people are waiting in line for Ippudo.
Me
I want to try their other kinds of Ramen because I really liked my eating experience in Ippudo.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments