Tim Ho Wan Philippines: Michelin Star Restaurant Experience

By Jamie - October 23, 2014


22 Oct 2014

My grandmother wanted to eat out somewhere in SM Megamall so we ended up in Tim Ho Wan. It was the nearest food establishment in Fashion Hall because my lola wanted to take a rest due to her arthritis.

I really wanted to eat in Tim Ho Wan because I saw before in their poster that it is a Michelin Starred Restaurant. FYI as found in the net "Michelin Red Guide, the oldest European hotel and restaurant reference guide, which awards Michelin stars for excellence to a select few establishment." Their first branch in the Philippines is located in SM Megamall, Fashion Hall. This is their only branch as of now in the Philippines. Updated 24 Jan 2015: I just found out that they have a branch in Glorietta when I saw it just a few days.

While waiting for our turn to eat in Tim Ho Wan...



Luckily, the line was not that long and there were chairs to sit on. I asked the waiter how long is the maximum time we would wait, she told me it would be a maximum of 30 minutes. We didn't wait that long and it was late afternoon so I guess this is the time where less people eat here.
Our orders

When you order here, you have to write the quantity in the given slip. The prices are written in the rightmost corner of the paper. I liked this idea because it helps you calculate your total bill ahead.

Order Slip

Some picture taking while waiting for our food to be served...
My uncle
My lola and sis

And of course, me- looking very happy to eat here

The details..
Condiments
Cold water
Simple table arrangement


The place is really clean and orderly as you can see in the pictures. The lighting and the wood texture of the place gives a modern feel.



Our food

Pork Ribs Rice 170.00 php
Rice with Chicken, Sausage and Mushroom 170.00 php


The Pork Ribs rice was okay. The meat was cooked well but you need to add some soy sauce as my uncle told me because it was rather bland. He still liked it though.

The Rice with chicken, sausage and mushroom was also delicious. It reminded me of Chinese food because probably of the sausage.



The Famous Baked Bun with BBQ Pork (3 pcs) 145.00 php

This bun is really delicious and very soft to chew. I thought before these buns was just overrated but I was wrong
If you must eat only one thing in Tim Ho Wan, I can say it must be the baked buns with BBQ Pork.

THEIR FAMOUS DUMPLINGS

We liked all the dim sum we ordered especially the vermicelli roll with shrimp that was so tasty. For me, that dimsum is a must-try. Now I know why their dim sums are famous.

Steam Spinach Dumpling With Shrimp (3 pcs) 120.00 php


Prawn Dumpling (4 pcs) 160.00 php


Vermicelli Roll with Shrimp 190.00 php

Pork Dumpling with Shrimp 150.00 php



Other
Spring Roll with Egg White 120.00 php

Pan Fried Carrot Cake 145.00 php


The spring rolls was also tasty. We didn't like the pan fried carrot cake because probably we're not used to that kind of taste.


Although the prices of the food are above average, it was worth the value. Overall, the ambiance, service and the great food is what Tim Ho Wan has delivered to us, their customers. Personally, it was really a delightful experience. I hope you can try Tim Ho Wan soon.

Check out their menu at Zomato


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments