Kogi Bulgogi: Korean Restaurant

By Jamie - July 30, 2014

27 July 2014

After work, we wanted to eat Korean this time. My friend thought of this restaurant in Gateway so we went at Kogi Bulgogi which we will all tried for the first time. I know a few Korean dishes but I really wanted to try Jajangmyeon and I was thrilled that it was in the menu.
Few pictures of the interior of the place.
They looked so excited to eat



Me and the cool lights as the background

Menu
I was not able to get a picture of the whole menu but I promise to take pictures of the menu of the restaurant I am eating at next time.

Dining tables and chairs
 While waiting for our orders, we got to see the beautiful interior of the restaurant. The place looks warm and cozy, in my opinion. My friends said that they liked some pieces of furniture in the place.
Free side dish appetizers 
(From the top left to right) Mongo Sprouts, Sweet beans, Green leaves
Sweet Bananas, Kimchi, Mongo Sprouts
I really liked the Sweet Beans. The beans are the ones you see in the Halo-halo.
I ordered jajangmyeon because I really wanted to try to this upon seeing it many times in Korean shows especially in the drama "Coffee Prince".


Jjajangmyeon (Php 230.00)

Upclose - Good for sharing

I expected this dish too be more sweet than on the salty side but maybe it was I assumed haha. I have never eaten authentic jajangmyeon but I think maybe the taste of this dish maybe be quite similar to it authentic taste. The jjajangmyeon was very flavorful so I stopped eating for a while to lessen the strong flavor.
Doenjang Jjigae (PHP 175.00)
Doenjang Jjigae is soybean paste stew with clams, potatoes, squash and korean tofu. This soup is very flavorful and good for sharing.


My friend ordered Bibimpbap (her new favorite food (Php 220.00)

We tried each other's food and I liked the Bibimbap the best. The vegetables tasted newly cooked and blended perfectly with the beef of the dish.

Lastly we ordered the Pa-jeon (korean pancake) as a buffer to the tasty dishes we were eating.
Haemul Pajeon (Mixed seafood pancake) PHP 180.00
This Korean style pancake is also for sharing. It was really delicious and perfect with the sauce that comes with it.





Kogi Bulgogi is a must-try for those who wants to try Korean food because they have a lot of food to offer. The place has a really nice ambiance that will make you eat with delight.

Location: 3/F Gateway Mall, Araneta Center, Cubao, Quezon City

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments