Shin Dang Dong: Korean

By Jamie - December 30, 2014


28 Dec 2014

We were hungry and couldn't decide where to eat so we just entered the mall, after walking a bit,  I saw the Korean writings of the place and decided that I wanted Korean food again.


Pictures of people who have eaten here

You would never expect that an authentic mini Korean food place would be situated near food places that are Mediterranean, Italian etc.



After ordering very quickly, we took group pictures while waiting. The place gives you a cozy home vibe.

It's quite obvious that I looked hungry already in the group picture because I was really hungry.

4 side dishes

We ordered 3 sets with free side dishes. The kimchi here is spicy and seasoned well. That's just my opinion but I think this is one of the best tasting kimchi I've eaten. I just forgot to ask if they sell Kimchi here. I'd probably just go back to ask some time soon



So, we ordered Beef, Squid and Dwenjang jigae.

Beef set is sweet and flavory -it is not spicy, perfect for kids and persons who are not into spicy foods. Although, I would recommend you to try spicy food in smaller amounts so you'd get used to it then you can maybe appreciate spicy food a bit.

Beef set (with Rice & 3 side dishes) - 280.00 pesos

The squid was perfect with the spicy sauce but it was really spicy even for me.
Squid set (with Rice & 3 side dishes)- 280.00 pesos

I don't know why I ordered this soup but I just did so impulsively. It was way better than the other Denjang chigye I've tried.
Denjang chigye set -280.00 pesos

This is what our table looks like originally before I impulsively ordered another dish.
Food setup



Finally, Bulgogi was served as a last minute order. It was place in a hot plate as the beef was cooked fresh in our table.


Bulgogi (Korean style beef) - 600 something (I totally forgot)

The food was really good. The price is worth the value of the food. The korean owner which I assumed only, even gave us choco wafers.

When I happen to be in Makati and in this area again, I would definitely eat in Shin Dan Dong to try other Korean dishes like Bibimbap and roast chicken

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments