Bulgogi Brothers: Korean Dining Experience

By Jamie - January 02, 2015

28 Dec 2014

Bulgogi Brothers is on my wishlist of places to eat in since I have heard it from my friends and read about it. This is one of the few high-end Korean restaurants in the mall because its usually Korean eateries.



So it happened we were in Greenbelt, when I think of Greenbelt and food, Bulgogi Brother was one of my choices. I used Zomato to find restaurants but I instantly decided Bulgogi Brothers. Actually, the location of the restaurant is not that easy to find because the entrance is in the side and Greenbelt is very confusing though you can actually find your way by asking. Its in Level 3 Greenbelt 5.
My sis and cousin

The place is not that spacious but the table and seat arrangement are big enough to make you feel comfortable. As you can see in the photo above, they use dim lights to create a cozy feeling as
opposed to fast food chains where it is usually bright. The restaurant is perfect for a private date night for couples as it also gives a romantic vibe.
As part of every Korean meal, side dishes are a must. They serve 3 free side dishes first as usual before the orders finally were served.
From top to bottom: Kimchi, Tofu, Pickled radish
The kimchi tasted really spicy for me which I think is very similar to the ones in South Korea.
I have tried eating kimchi bought from Korean marts and in comparison to the kimchi here, they taste exactly the same. I like the pickled radish which is like the 'atsara'. The tofu tastes good too.

Barley Tea
They serve free Barley tea (staple drink in Korea which serves as their water too) which I really like just like the brown rice tea. It tastes mild and not that bitter as compared to black tea.

After tasting some side dishes, it really made me excited to eat and made me that hungry. When we had our orders, I had to quickly snap pictures as the aroma of the food made me even more hungry. As usual, I ordered too much for the three of us.



Our food

Samgyetang (395.00 pesos)
Samgyetang in English is Ginseng Chicken Soup. What makes this dish special is the that the chicken is cooked for a long time with ginseng which has been proven to be a healthy meal. This meal is usually served for people who are recovering from an illness as I've watched in korean dramas. The reason why I ordered this is because I've always been envious of the actors eating this in dramas. This is the only Korean restaurant out of the others that I've been to that had this dish is so I instantly ordered this.
Samgyetang bowl in comparison to the small bowl

The serving size of the Samgyetang could probably fill  6-7 small bowls. I really liked that Samgyetang has chicken meat that is fork tender and very flavorful. I think this tastes a bit close to 'Tinola'. We couldn't finish this dish because we had to finish off the other ones so we got this as take-out.
Bibimbap (395.00 pesos)
I absolutely loved their version of Bibimbap (rice mixed with meat, vegetables and sauce) as I have tried several bibimbaps which also pretty good yet this is my most favorite one. The thing I liked about the bibimbap is the flavor was just so right (it tasted as one but as you can see there are many ingredients in this dish). This bibimbap was perfect with the last meal we ordered which is the Gwanyang Style Bulgogi.

Gwangyang Style Bulgogi (595.00 pesos)
There were many meat set choices in the menu but I just picked what was not spicy and what I guess was delicious based from the description. 

They have description of the dishes which is great for first timers in Korean food. The lady server was kind enough to assist us when she saw us struggling to grill the beef. It was a waste that I wasn't able to video the actual grill cause it was too dark. Anyway, our cooked meat was so delicious. I couldn't describe it more but I can say is when you try the Bulgogi here, you will remember that it tasted so good!
Vegetables to grill that comes with the Gwanyang set
Sauces
Iceberg and romaine lettuce that you can wrap meat in
Korean love to wrap their grilled meat in lettuce and form a small round portion then dip it into their sauce of choice. I personally enjoy wrapping meat in lettuce but sometimes I get tired at some point. LOL.
Mixed fruits soju (250.00 pesos)
Because I was eager to eat here, we also ordered soju to drink. The flavor we ordered if I remember it correctly was four seasons. I guess that the fruit juices had more ratio in this cocktail because it tasted more fruity than soju. Soju has a definitely strong taste that you need to add more of the juice/ softdrinks to make that taste disappear. This cocktail was just like juice but I never advise minors to try this because this is still an alcoholic drink so my sister didn't get to drink this.

Just a tip, make sure to order food you can finish as in our case, we had to take home food, so you won't have any leftovers. I hope to try more delicious dishes in Bulgogi Brothers some time again!

Definitely, we had a great Korean dining experience in Bulgogi Brothers.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments